As your solicitors, we will act for you on a No Win, No Fee, Fixed-Fee or Quotation basis.
Everyone is entitled to justice when they are wronged – we understand that not everyone can afford to pursue it.
Conditional Fee Agreements (commonly known as No Win, No Fee)
As your solicitors we will act for you on a No Win, No Fee basis. Everyone is entitled to justice when they are wronged – but not everyone can afford to pursue it.
This is why No Win, No Fee claims were introduced. They allow everyone the opportunity to take legal action against someone who has caused injury or financial loss by their negligence.
Making a claim on a No Win, No Fee basis means there is nothing to pay upfront. You can focus on getting things back on track rather than worrying about the cost of a claim. It also means that if your claim is not successful, you won’t have to pay your solicitor’s fee. There is no financial risk involved in a No Win, No Fee claim.
No Win, No fee applies to the following services that we offer
- Housing Disrepair
- Credit Hire
- Personal Injury
- Tenancy deposit claims
- If your claim is successful, your solicitor will take a success fee. This could be up to 25% of your final compensation amount – but it won’t be more. Your lawyer will explain all fees before you go ahead with the claim so there won’t be any surprise costs down the line.
Ask us about our No Win, No Fee claims arrangements if you want legal representation without the risk. Our highly specialised and dedicated team are always ready to discuss potential cases. It’s our guarantee that we will pursue your case as far as we possibly can.
Fixed fees or getting a quote
Our other services are charged either by way of a fixed fee or we can provide you with a quote, depending on the circumstances. Either way there will be no hidden charges and you will know precisely what is and is not included in the quote. We will also let you know straight away if anything changes.
News & Articles
Our team are on hand, ready to help.
We charge £255.00 per hour. However, in most cases, we charge for our service on a fixed fee arrangement. Therefore, even if the work on your application takes longer than initially anticipated there will be no additional charges unless there is a significant change to your circumstances or instructions.
Please note that there will be two elements to the prices as set out below:
- Fixed fees charged by SLS Solicitors and
- Fees payable to third parties (disbursements).
Please ensure that you consider both parts of the price information.
Fixed Fees Charged by SLS Solicitors
Telephone advice only package
Written advice only package
Application for naturalisation (to become a British citizen)
Application for naturalisation (to become a British citizen) + application for British passports
Application on behalf of EEA nationals for permanent residence, residence card or registration certificate
Application under the Immigration Rules for student or work experience visa
Application under the Immigration Rules for visit visa
Application under the Immigration Rules for spouses and partners – outside of country application
Application under the Immigration Rules for spouses and partners – inside of country application
Application under the Immigration Rules for dependent relative or family reunion
Fast Track application package
Fixed Fees Charged by SLS Solicitors
If you have taken up any of the two advice packages above and later wish for us to complete the application then the fee for the advice package will be deducted from the application package. For example, if after taking up the telephone advice package having paid £50.00 and you then instruct us to make the application for you then the application fee will reduce from £900.00 to £850.00 (£900.00 application fee minus £50.00 already paid for the advice package).
Fees payable to third parties (‘Disbursements’)
Our fees do not include any charges you will incur such as the Home Office application fees. The application fee payable to the Home Office will vary depending on the type of application being submitted. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/2020 for further details about these fees and to determine the fee that may be applicable to your application.
Other disbursements may also be incurred such as special delivery postage costs, courier etc. We will advise you of the costs and when they must be paid.
Work included with the application service and key stages
The precise work and stages involved in an immigration application will vary according to the circumstances. However, we have set out the key stages involved in a typical application:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other applications may be available to you.
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- If you do not meet the criteria, whether this can be overcome and how.
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided.
- Where necessary, helping you to obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses.
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf.
- If the Home Office asks you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice and discuss the possibility of us attending with you.
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Our service (for the fees provided) will not include any of the following:
- Where the Home Office refuses your application, advice, and assistance in relation to any appeal.
- Obtaining a medical report (if required).
The above services can be provided at an additional cost.
Approximate/ average timescales
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. In our experience, it usually takes them around 8 weeks but depending on the circumstances and the Home Office workload it could be up to approximately 6 months.
We will normally be able to submit an application within 1 week of you providing all of the documentation that we have requested to support your application.
Factors that could increase costs
In some circumstances, there may be increased fees to pay to account for additional time, work or skill required to meet your instructions. Examples include:
- Interpreters – In the event that you will need the services of an interpreter or your documents need to be translated. The length of time that an interpreter needs to spend on your case will be an additional charge. We will confirm the costs of this service, if and when required.
- Travelling to meet you – If there is an interview with the Home Office and we attend with you, there will be additional charges to cover our travel expenses. We will confirm the costs of such expenses, if and when required.
- Expert reports – In the event that you need independent expert reports to support your case there will be an additional charge. We will confirm the costs of such reports, if and when required.
Qualifications and experience of our team
Our immigration team has many years of experience with all immigration matters. The team includes Solicitors and Barristers and has dealt with many such immigration matters providing an excellent service to their clients.
Our team are on hand, ready to help.
As part of our price transparency policy, the following only applies to summary-only road traffic offences, which are offences dealt with by the Magistrates Court only. Examples of summary-only offences include speeding, drink-driving, drug-driving and driving whilst using a mobile phone.
Our services are provided on a fixed fee service and are inclusive of VAT.
For matters where a guilty plea will be entered our fees are £500.00.
What the fee includes and the process:
- Taking your instructions to ascertain the full circumstances of the offence.
- Considering your instructions and reviewing all the evidence you provide and advising on the same.
- Explaining the court procedure so you are aware before the hearing starts.
- Proving advice on the sentencing options and the likely sentence applicable.
- Attendance and representation at the Magistrates Court, which usually lasts around half a day.
- Discussion and advice on the outcome of the hearing.
What the fee does not include:
- Any trial and preparation for the trial.
- Instruction of any experts, obtaining expert reports or the cost of that expert to give evidence in Court.
- Taking statements from any witnesses.
- Raising arguments on exceptional hardship and advise on the likelihood of success.
- Any additional hearings.
- Travel expenses to the Court, which will be agreed with you depending on the location.
- Advice and, or, assistance in relation to any potential appeal.
Any services which are not included in our fixed fee will be charged at our hourly rate which ranges from £220.00 – £255.00 per hour. This will be discussed with you in advance if necessary.
How long will the process take?
This depends on the offence and which Magistrates Court is dealing with it. The usual timescale for a motoring offence case is between three to six months. Every case is different and we should be able to give you a more accurate idea of the timescale when we have the full details.
Disbursements are charges by a third party, which may be required in your case. Those costs are additional to our charges. The most common example of such a disbursement is the where an expert witness is to provide evidence in your case.
The amount charged for the disbursements varies, depending on what it is for. Expert fees can range from £300.00 plus VAT and be up to over £1,000.00 plus VAT depending on the circumstances.
In any event, we will tell you about and potential disbursements and charges for your approval as soon as we anticipate them.
Our motoring offences team
Our motoring offences team are qualified Solicitors who have many years of experience in all types of criminal cases.
Speak with our team today
To discuss how we can assist on a No Win, No Fee basis, call our specialist team on 0161 697 5959 or complete the form and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.